This course is the first step on the pathway to becoming a qualified C Award-level umpire (i.e. to umpire in divisions 1-3 of the County League). It is the next level up from the Into Officiating Award (previously called the Beginner Award).
If you or an umpire you know is interested in taking the C Award then it is highly recommended that you/they attend this course, which is now an essential start to the umpiring award pathway.
If you do not currently hold any umpiring award and have less than 2 years umpiring experience, then you should take the Into Officiating Award course first.
Perfect for those over the age of 14 who want to officiate at the local level or in a school environment. The purpose of this course is:
- To improve current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- To identify the requirements for Netball Europe C Award
- To improve umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- To demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpire's performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to play advantage
- To introduce awareness of Contact v Contest
- To understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline
After you have completed the course, you will practise on lower league matches and work with a mentor, until you are ready to take the written and practical assessments.
7 May 2017
10:00am - 4:00pm
Bournside Sports Centre, Warden Hill Rd, Cheltenham GL51 3AU (map)